This episode is all about understanding what actually goes on when an agency is on and OFFBOARDING your user (which was their referral), and the issues that can arise from that process being broken.
If you do not have a good relationship with your SaaS partners – the people inside the organization on the sales, CS or product teams – you are not in a good position to make partnerships a value-add for your agency.
In this discussion, Alex Bass, the founder of Cyber Bytes Inc, a successful reseller of tools like Copper CRM, Pandadoc, Asana and more, discusses his road to reseller-ship and the recent bumps he experienced. The main takeaways from our discussion are as follows:
- Find a hub tool which you can build more reseller relationships off of (more native integrations).
- Get involved in the communities (help communities and user forums/groups).
- Really learn the tool (partner webinars, docs, implementations).
- Develop relationships with the product and CS teams (continually inform their new team members of your agency and what sort of. referrals you are after).
- Find out and vet your software partners’ PRM to ensure your clients won’t be handcuffed in any way (demo their PRM and ask what happens if your referral wants to de-couple the relationships).
- Keep the clients’ experience at the forefront of the relationship (care less about the referral fee’s and more about the client experience).
- Stay away from software partners who are constantly pushing you to bring them more referrals (this needs to happen naturally).
You Might Also Like
Unlock Software Stack Access
Want access to the top SaaS companies software stack?
& our thoughts on their software stack decisions.
Subscribe For New
Content on YouTube
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more podcasts, candid chats, Shorts, & best practices on how to make your business more efficient!Subscribe on YouTube
(please note only eligible companies will be chosen for the audit.)